Nurx health Technology Company based in San Francisco has launched an app that offers PrEP delivery, easy-peasy-one-two-threesy.
For all, however, this is great news.
“Every year, more than 40,000 Americans are infected with HIV, nevertheless studies show that if it is taken daily, Truvada for PrEP can extremely reduce the chances of transmission of the virus,” says Edvard Engesaeth, M.D., a co-founder of Nurx. “Our app makes Truvada more accessible for people who need this revolutionary drug.”
Today, about 1.2 million Americans are HIV positive. According to the latest data from the CDC, 43,899 people in the United States were newly diagnosed in 2014. In Washington State, there were 455 total HIV diagnoses, 377 of which were male. Of those, 311 were a result of sexual contact between men. According to the recent data published by the CDC, the lifetime risk of HIV diagnosis in Washington is 1 in 185.
How the app works:
- The patient should create an account and fill out their health profile.
- After completing the health profile, the patient answers questions to decide whether they are a candidate for PrEP and submits their application.
- The information is then reexamined by a Nurx partner physician who will decide the eligibility of the patient for Truvada for PrEP.
- Eligible users must then complete laboratory tests for HIV status and kidney function before a prescription can be issued. It is also recommended that the laboratory tests for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, pregnancy (for female users), Chlamydia, syphilis and gonorrhea.
- The physician will then assess the laboratory results and determine whether Truvada for PrEP can be prescribed and if so, will be sent to the user’s address.
For more info you can visit now :Nurx.com/prep