Powerhouse Germany Kent shares 5 smart strategies to kick off 2017
When Mindfulness, Tech and Philanthropy Collide | Celebrity Insider Tips
Germany Kent is a social media marketing guru who was just named one of the Top 100 social media experts to follow on Twitter, the former Hal Jackson’s “Miss Tennessee” and bestselling author is also a celebrity on a mission. The thought leader is dishing on simple things you can do to optimize your life.
- Take care of your mind. It is so important to feed your brain. Nurture your mind, be good to your mind and develop strong mental habits. Work your brain like you would work your muscles at the gym. This will keep you in the right mindset. Pay attention “on purpose” and develop a resistance to negative thoughts that may try to enter your mind. Having the right mindset will guarantee success.
- Create a minimal lifestyle. Do not be in such a hurry. Slow down. Enjoy the moment – or should I say, moments! Life is beautiful and meant to be enjoyed. Take time to go to the park, or beach (my personal favorite). Slow things down at least twice a week. Find that personal time to just be alone and learn to enjoy your own company. Create a space of freedom where calmness and contentment can grow.
- Evolve. Be in a state of constantly growing and learning. Elevate your game so that you can become better. Accept the challenge of being a better you. Do not wait for others to open a door for you, find a window to squeeze through or build another door. Find out what it is you like – do more of that. Be unapologetic about achieving your goals.
- Be your best cheerleader. Do not be the reason you do not succeed. Self-talk is so important. Learn to lift yourself up by freeing yourself of negative talk. Encourage yourself, love yourself, and believe in yourself. And whatever you do, do not go negative on social media. If you feel that you cannot be positive, just go neutral until you can pick yourself back up. Your social media is your business card and you will be held to what you post. Besides, it is hard to lift someone else up if you are negative. No negative talk – period.
- Give back. Volunteer. Find a cause to support or a person to mentor. Learn to be a vessel of hope and encouragement to someone else. Research shows that those who volunteer are happier and healthier. Volunteering and helping others can help you reduce stress, combat depression, keep you mentally stimulated, and provide a sense of purpose. Remember, if you’re not reaching back to help anyone, then you’re not building a legacy.
Please follow and like us: